Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dancing on Glass by Pamela Ewen- This book drew me in and kept me there!

Amalise working as a waitress in New Orleans is also a law student. She meets Phillip, who is employed at the campus in the art department. Phillip, a dark and disturbing type whose interpretation of life is found within his paintings is immediately entraced by Amalise wanting to know everything about her. Her best friend Jude, a bar pilot at Pilottown has always looked out for Amalise since they were young. After meeting Phillip, Jude becomes concerned about her when she is with Phillip. As the relationship evolves between Amalise and Phillip she becomes a prisoner in his world. He is a very controlling type personality who does as he pleases but restricts her from everything and everyone she loves. The determination that Amalise has for their relationship may cost her everything that she has worked so hard for. I was drawn to this book from the beginning chapter and it held my interest until the end. Quite impossible to put down, very well written. Excellent character development, I was able to connect with them and their story very quickly. Highly entertaining, this was a very suspenseful read and kept me guessing right up to the ending. I would highly recommend this book!!! Thank you to B&H Publishing Group and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment