Sunday, July 1, 2012

Planting Veggies and other plants in this heat and in July? Absolutely!!!

My local garden center is having their annual half price sale that started last week and as usual I could not resist purchasing some extra tomatoes, peppers and herbs for my garden. The temperatures are now in the upper 90's and into the 100's. I planted them last week and doused them with Miracle Grow Quick Start transplant solution for shock. I prayed over them because they can sure use a prayer boost although they did look beautiful and lush in the pots!!! When I checked on them the next morning they were all drooping and sulking badly. So I got some newspaper that was already folded drenched it and dripping with water from the hose, placed it around the base of the plants right up to the stems and put more water on it so with these temperatures outside in the sun they soil stayed moist and they have now taken root and look beautiful!!! I have watered the newspaper around them every other day or so as needed. That is my suggestion for planting in the heat of the summer!! Happy Gardening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment