Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today we are Rich by Tim Sanders-Undecided

Billye, the authors adopted parent, always knew what to say when it was needed, instilling confidence and seemed to make a difference in the authors young life. Reading more like the cross between autobiography of the author and a biography of Billye with a collection of quotes and passages from other writers and famous personalities thrown in, the book shifted back and forth between all of them. The author was able to put into practice the lessons and principles that was taught to him from Billye and others and he gives the reader ways to incorporate and apply them to their lives.
The advice on a positive note I learned for example: How to ignore what is bringing you down, how to have a positive mindset. On the flipside for example: I found out how to alienate people and how to pump myself up so I can be better than others. To be honest I would pick this book up and put it down quite a bit not feeling satisfied that it was a good choice for the time spent. I felt that the book did not challenge my faith. I would have given the book 2.5 stars but gave it 3 for effort.
I do believe in the power of positive thinking, but just not at the expense of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment