Saturday, July 16, 2011

Desert Gift by Sally John- Not Sure

Jillian is a well known speaker and author on the subject of marriage communication. Jackson is a physician for Huffman Medical Group, he asked his wife Jill for a divorce after 24 years of marriage. He has fallen "out of love". Their son Conner, aged 23 is currently living in Europe. Jill's books reveal much about their marriage and the more she tries to reconcile the more he drags his feet. The memories are fresh in her mind, her thoughts consume her. The question remains, Can she get back what she needs and deserves in this life, and will it come with a price? The scene worked but I felt the characters lacked depth and I had a very hard time connecting with them. The novel started out great but quickly dropped off and sadly did not hold my interest to the end. My faith was challenged somewhat. It is an ok read but not sure if I would recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment