Saturday, August 11, 2012

Serpent of Moses by Don Hoesel- My Review


Serpent of Moses, Don Hoesel, 978-0-7642-0925-3


Resting in Libya lies a valuable treasure beckoning from the deep that comes with a price. There are those who would do just about anything to acquire it.

Former Professor Jack Hawthorne well known in the world of archaelogy is possessor of ancient artifacts. His desire for one in particular will lead him on a journey alone to discover and acquire of its well preserved hiding place before others realize he has gone.
As danger lurks in the foreground will the treasure be gained at the risk of lives?

Slightly reminicient of an Indiana Jones adventure, this novel brings action filled storyline, dangerous suspense and tense moments from the beginning. Although at times the reading drug slightly, it quickly picked back up again and I would find myself once again lost within the pages. This book seems to be a continuation of the first novel Elisha's Bones where Jack is introduced. Not reading the first one yet, I feel reading in order would definately help with beginning story development and clarity. Plot was well flowing, scenery realistic and dialogue original and felt as if I were there at the scene. I found the overall message inspiring and was challenged in my faith. I was entertained and would recommend this book to others but will suggest reading Elisha's Bones prior to reading this one. I received a complimenary copy from Bethany House Publishers for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment