Friday, August 24, 2012

Faith and Gardening It Just "Grows" Together- My thoughts for the day...

I am asked by others often (just a representative) "What should I grow here?" What looks good together aesthetics wise?" "When and how do I divide my plants", or "How do I grow a tomato or persimmon tree from seed successfully?" Each answer is diverse depending on the individuals particular situation, soil type, color choice and location. Before I plant I pray over the seeds and plants because I know that God's hand is in the growing of everything. Have you ever wondered how so many cucumbers, squash, daisies, tomatoes, marigolds, beans etc can be grown from one tiny seed. How with water, sunlight, patience and love a seed becomes something that can feed so many and create a more beautiful world. It is truly amazing. Faith is like a plant seed that grows with longing, nurturing, patience and love. So it just makes sense to me to say that faith and gardening just go "Grow" together.

Maybe the next time you see a breathtaking flower longing for your view, a tree bursting with life giving fruit or perhaps a field laden with wildflowers as far as the eyes can focus you might just ask yourself, just what has faith got to do with this? Well.... everything....

No comments:

Post a Comment