Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lilac Wedding in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad- Excellent!

Jake Stone is coming home for his brothers wedding. Jake had a troubling youth and now that he is back home he is ready for new challenges that lie ahead.

Cathy Barker single mom to daughter Lara wants the best for her young child and is willing to protect her at all costs. When Cathy was younger she ran away leaving Jake to pick up the pieces.

Is Jake willing to be the kind of guy a child can look up to? Can he be a knight in shining armor? Can Cathy trust a secret to the one person she values above all others even if it means losing her heart in the process?

I was entertained by this realistically romantic hard to put down read. With well developed characters and charming scenery this is a book that is sure to please! Lilacs are my favorite and I loved the way the author incorporated them into her story. This is the first book I have read from the Dry Creek Series (and will not be the last) I found I was able to easily jump right into the storyline without any problems, although is part of a series, it is an excellent stand alone novel. Dialogue and plot flowed well without any dull parts. I would highly recommend this book to others. Thanks so much to the author for providing a complimentary copy to me for my review. Enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment