Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sinners and the Sea by Rebecca Kanner- Challenging to Get Through


Sinners and the Sea


The girl who has no name is scorned with the mark from birth and believed to be a curse derived from evil. Her father Eben was a wall of protection and trust. When Noah came to take her as his wife and bring her to his camp what lied in wait for her was challenging at the least. The people who greeted her were vile and very wicked and their taunts and hatred were hard to bear. When the flood came Noah and his wife and their sons embarked on a great journey that will take them away from all that they know.

Violence, Hatred and Heartbreak were woven throughout the novel. I do have mixed thoughts regarding this book the novel, although creative fiction which does have actual passages from Genesis with descriptive scenery, is far off from the real bible story and parts of it I would label as science fiction.
Although this book is published by a Christian publisher and has Biblical characters, to me, Sinners and the Sea is not Christian fiction. A novel that is only suited for an adult is hard to get through at times, laced with graphic sexual content along with much blood and great darkness and a few words of profanity made me quite uncomfortable when reading it. I can say that the last few chapters made up for much hence my 2 star rating for effort. I can recommend it for those who enjoy secular fiction but not for those who enjoy Christian Biblical fiction. Thanks to Howard Publishers and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment