Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lost and Found by Ginny Yttrup- Gripping!!

Jenna, married to Gerard, famed vitner, both live under the controlling and suffocating rule of Gerard's mother Brigette. Jenna is always looking for ways to please Brigette, she seeks courage and comfort from God, yet she always feels inadequate, a victim of the lure of beauty gone wrong.
Andee, a successful businesswoman, whose drive to surpass her expectations of herself, encompasses her, grips and motivates her. She puts up walls around herself to hold her past life in and to keep others out. Her boyfriend Jason (Jenna's brother) supportive of her sees her as his other half.
Brigette, widow, has the upper hand in every business and personal tranaction concerning her winery and her family. A very strong and self assured person, she is in need of no help from anyone especially not God.
When tragedy strikes the family is forced to come together. Can they mend the hurt that separates them or will the pain of the past and the uncertainty of the present sever the bond they share?

This is a novel of life, of learning to live and learning to trust. A novel of heartbreak, betrayal, acceptance and God's perfect love.

Raw emotions gripped me holding my attention with every word. A well crafted novel that once I started reading found it impossible to put down. Character development surpassed my expectations as I felt I knew them. Dialogue and scenery worked very well together. This is one story I won't forget at least anytime soon. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future! I found the overall message inspiring and I was challenged in my faith. I would recommend this novel to others. Thanks to B&H Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment