Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hearts that Survive A Novel of the Titanic by Yvonne Lehman- Highly Recommended!

I really loved Hearts That Survive! Creative and captivating storyline, well developed characters and realistic scenery captured my heart and kept me reading and reflecting until the last word was read. I found it was very hard to put down.

Lydia Beaumont haunted by past regrets, John Ancell who spun words into magic, and Craven Dowd the realist along with a host of other interesting characters that I met while reading, were original and refreshing. The travelers also included actual people who were aboard the ship. Friendships found, secrets kept, along with devastating heartbreak lie beyond the frigid waters of the deep and dark Atlantic. When the great unsinkable ship meets its destiny how many will survive and how many will the sea claim as its own taking them to their watery graves? A novel of both being on the ship and the sinking and of the survivors afterwards and how they kept on living. I loved the ending!

The more I read, the more I became drawn into the story and into the character's lives. A novel of romance, heartbreak and survival. I found the overall message inspiring because through all the devastation and tragedies God is always with us and is able to bring promise and comfort. I was highly entertained and will definitely recommend this book to others! Thanks to Abingdon Press and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment