Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin- Wonderfully written this book has it all!

Alice Grace is a librarian and a lover of books. Her boyfriend Gordon thinks she lives in a fiction world that she has read about, and he abruptly ends their relationship. During the Great Depression, people were in hard times and job loss was common. Alice shared their plight. She decides to embark on a journey to Acorn Kentucky to deliver books and magazines she has helped to collect at her library job. She catches a ride with her Aunt Lydia and Uncle Cecil. Alice was determined to be the heroine to the people who needed her. But after she arrived she discovered that she did not need a book after all for adventure, drama, suspense and romance because in the backwoods town of Acorn lied all of what her dreams and heart held and what a heroine needed.
I absolutely loved every minute spent in getting to know these highly personable characters. I connected with everyone in a different way. Characters like Lillie, who has seen much in her long life, Leslie(Mack) who was down to earth and Ike who was just plain fun and so many other wonderful characters added to make this novel, in my opinion, one of the authors best yet! This book held me captive and was from the beginning and was impossible to put down! I felt as if I were there with the characters living their adventures, suspense and romance with them! Excellent character development, dialogue, and scenery make this a highly recommend must read novel. The overall message was inspiring and I was challenged in my faith. Thank you to Bethany House Publishers for providing this compimentary copy for me for my review

No comments:

Post a Comment