Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Home Run by Travis Thrasher- Recommended!!!





For a single moment locked in the present, the past seems to always follow unceasingly.

Cory Brand and his brother Clay suffer a challenging childhood. Cory is plagued by the harsh memories of an abusive father. Baseball has always been a love/hate relationship for him. When his present confronts his past Cory struggles with his life, searching for lost understanding, failing hope, and impossible dreams.

Action, baseball, reality, bitterness and understanding team together perfectly to bring a novel that will excite and satisfy readers. A progressive moving book that comes full circle and expertly blends present life of the well formed, realistic and interesting characters with frequent shifts to the past promising no broken or dull parts. I had a very hard time putting this book down as I was drawn into the storyline from the beginning. I felt as if I were at the scene getting to know the characters personalities and watching baseball at its best! Smooth flowing engaging plot, easy to follow dialogue and realistic colorful scenery make this an unforgettable novel. I was challenged in my faith and entertained and will recommend this book to others. 5 Stars! Thanks to David C Cook Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment