Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ten Plagues by Mary Nealy- my review

Keren Collin, a competent detective for the Chicago PD has learned how to separate her emotions from her job. Paul Morris a former detective, now preacher, has the capability to draw others to him. Both are former coworkers. When a serial killer is discovered using the ten plagues of Egypt in the time of Moses in present day America, the two join forces along with others to try to save lives and to locate the person responsible for creating them. The killer targets the very people Paul has looked out for at the shelter. As Keren and Paul share their lives with each other they realize that time is running out and their lives may be in jeopardy as they struggle to bring peace and justice to their city.

A intense journey that brings suspense, detective, romance and a bit of scifi together in this creative read. I found myself immersed into the plot and as it reached the climax I was glued to the book wondering what would happen. Fans of detective novels will surely enjoy this read. Character development, dialogue and scenery worked and I was challenged in my faith. I would recommend this novel to others but don't expect to finish it in an afternoon. Thanks to Barbour Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment