Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beyond the Farthest Star by Bodie and Brock Thoene- Highly Recommend!

Anne, daughter of Pastor Adam and Maurene Wells watches her father's every breath whose life depends on a ventilator machine.Adam was in his element as a preacher. His profession, his calling, led him and his family from California to Leonard, Texas to a dying church. The Well's family traveled from place to place frequently and Anne always had a hard time fitting in as the new kid in school. The plan by the town council and Adam was to display a wooden nativity scene for all to enjoy, not being aware of the complications that arose from their actions. A family torn, trying desparately to hold themselves together, a devastating secret, and yet beyond their world, in the darkened sky, lies the farthest star.

Highly entertaining, I enjoyed every minute spent getting to know these realistic and well developed characters. This book drew me in from the beginning and held my attention throughout. This novel offers everything a reader could want heartbreak, suspense and romance. Dialogue, scenery and plot worked well with no dull parts. The overall message is inspiring and I was challenged in my faith. I would recommend this well written novel to others. Thank you to Zondervan Publishing and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment