Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter- My Review

You know what they say... the past will usually come back to haunt you when you least expect it...
Shay Brandenberger is trying on a wedding dress in Lucy's store to play the part in a Founders Day reinactment ceremony when rodeo superstar Travis McCoy walked into Lucy's store and back into Shay's life. Seeing Shay again brings back so many memories and Shay seeing him again brings back only one, the day he left her at the altar. When Travis was asked to participate in the play alongside Shay he realizes just what he gave up 14 years ago. Shay is a self sufficient woman and does not need or want help from anyone, for herself or her young daughter. When a mixup surfaces Shay looks for a way to get past this. But like it or not, could Travis' idea be the one she has counted on all along? Or will this be just another one of his surprises?
Excellent novel concept, creativity and storyline. One you can "get into" from the beginning. This book although the second in a series works as a stand alone novel. Character development was excellent, loved the character of Travis, seemed real and genuine, I liked Shay's character but felt I did not connect to her as much as I wanted to. Dialogue and scenery worked, I enjoyed the conversations between Shay and Travis as well as peering into their past history together. I did feel however that the book had a couple of sensual parts, not explicit, but still made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. There were many inspiring moments as well and I was entertained. Thanks to Thomas Nelson Inc and Netgalley for the ARC for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment